Trailer Park Boys - Quotes and Discussion

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

jjreason
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by jjreason »

Bubbles is priceless. Mabs, believe it or not I FINALLY completed my season 5 tape 2 nights ago (short story long - I had it finished about a month ago, but somehow didn't turn off the vcr and taped over 2 later episodes, leading me to have to wait until they played those ones again). Sorry for the delay. Now all I have to do is make the copy and fire it in the mail.
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

I sorta don't believe it man, but that's good news either way- I still have only seen the first 2 or 3 of that damn season, so I've got some catchig up to do before the Nig Dirty (the title of the upcoming film- the trailer's out there, if ya look for it, or I can send ya the link)
I look forward to seeing how the hash driveway works out.... and it's good to see someone else enjoying the show, it really is something else
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Copy that, I'll make a priority of shit-blizzard proportions.
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

So, have you made that copy yet jj. Just a curious American wanting to know so that he can ask for a copy. Only if it's on DVD of course.
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

http://tpbmovie.com/ the trailer is up there- the site is un-findable by searches but it exists- I think they may be waiting to fix it up a bit before it goes "mainstream"

And there's a clip on youtube (where the juggernaut bitch clip is) if you're so inclined (I can't render .flvs so it's no good to me but jj and slick could enjoy it no doubt)
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Shit, Slicker, I'm sorry! I have made some DVDs for mabs with the remainder of Season 5 on them. I can definitely make copies of them from the burnt disc..... but will they suck? It might be faset/easier/and of better quality just to dl them.

EDITED: Checked the clip, that's the trailer that they're including on some rental DVDs right now... can't remember if it was 40yov or what, but I'd seen it before. Pretty good!
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

yeah I knew it was circulating but figgered I would post it here for those outside of our market- I think it's gonna make 40 YOV look like a fucking drama.

And weird thing about the film- NO credit for Randy, despite the fact that he said he had a role in it in interviews, which I find weird...
The film is suposedly a prequel- tho with the x-mas special being a prequel, the onctinuity is hard to grasp- I think it'll basically do as the series itself has and ignore the "pilot" completely.. I know the first meeting of the Boys takes place in this film at least...

IS the clip you're referring to the one about "rocket science" and dope on juniper?? that's the clip on youtube, it's about 5 minutes long but I could only stand to watch the first 20 seconds or so with the crappy rendering
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

The teaser-trailer shows the boys watching other guys auditioning for their own roles, providing feedback and shit. They decide they're going to play themselves, and Ricky asks how he's going to do that. Bubs says "You're being a dick right now, just to that!" :D :D :D
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Anyone else enjoy 6.1? *** moving the **** was pretty priceless, I sure was surprised it was him that got evicted from the park and not his fuckstick offspring.

"You're gonna turn Sunnyvale into Shittyvale, you and Fucky the Drunk Clown!"
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

"I'm mowing the air boy" Leahy (that fucking videotape was FUNNY no matter how poignant)
Ray was fucking hilarious in that ep too, lots of good shit..

And julian, that scene of him in jail was so well put together and damn funny "did pretty good in jail, made 8600 bucks"

We have an arrangement to watch all the eps at a buddies house this season so we'll see em all- too bad her VCR is set up totally wrong and doesn't record off tv, but seeing them is half the battle, tonight should be funny
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

It wasn't bad. I'm actually a little shocked at how hot Lucy seems to look - is she in wicked shape right now, or was I drinking? The bigger breasts sure don't hurt - but the stomach and bum looked pretty good on this episode.
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

I think they are playing up her "hot-ness" a bit, she was looking pretty good (betcha liked the hot-dog scene)

Is it just me, or has the show shifted from self-contained eps to one long arc... I got the feeling that there were a LOT less joke sin yesterdays ep that there usually are
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

It's ALL been a setup so far. I don't know what the fuck they've got planned - but it's coming to a head. With any luck, we'll get to see Bubbles' kitty-nirvana in action before the place gets blown to Kingdom Come.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

6.4 - Bubbles' Kittyland seems to be working out... but I wonder if anyone is going to pick up those cats? Not the funniest episode this weeks, but not terrible. So far the Hi Definition Piss Jugs episode has been the funniest this season.
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

Jesus Christ, Jim Leahy is trying to get back behind the badge! Great episode tonight.