Dark Place

most tv sucks these days, but there are some shining examples of good writing, acting, camera work, etc... we call those Deadwood and Arrested Development. Family Guy sucks ass, though...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Dark Place

Post by mabudon »

HERE is the IMDB entry on this thing- anyone ever seen any of it?? Pure fucking awesome-ness nam, look it up somewheres online and check an Ep out- the thing is like QOTD made into the stupidest thing EVER :mabs:

Oh and "AD/BC" by the same crew is fucking hilarious too, it's an x-mas story of sorts, but it's also a werid parody of JC Superstar, really worth seeing man
Vince, NO!!!!!

I just ripped off most of your pubes!!
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Re: Dark Place

Post by mabudon »

AD/BC just a clip, but to prove I am not makin it up, there it is- I can't watch youtube still so I don't know exactyl what part is on there

Dark Place
That's SUPPOSED to be the opening bit of the series, if you don't like that, you won't like the rest of it

I swear youse are missing out :mabs:
Vince, NO!!!!!

Seamus ODoyle
bacon

Post by Seamus ODoyle »

Aye. 'tis a fine series indeed. We often have it on the telly down t'the pub. In between all the arse kickin' and bar fights, ye can summat make out a word or two, even. Funny blokes, one and all!
"Sure'n'll buy ye a pint."
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

Just bumping this up til one of you turckeys actualy bothers to look at the fuckin thing. I think Dr. Lucien Sanchez would make a fine addition to our crew, but if no-opne knows who it is it'd be kinda pointless :mabs:
Vince, NO!!!!!

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Good God Almighty, you have discovered fucking comic GOLD! I watched the first bit, and just about pissed myself.

"I just graduated from Harvard College Yale, and I got an A."

The guys talking about it being the biggest thing since Quantum Leap, and the pager--both in the early 80s--were frigging classic.

And the whole spoof of Stephen King as his most pompous, as well as all the shitty old shows introduced by writers (think "Ray Bradbury Presents") was spot on.

Fuck me, this is funny. Thanks for the recommendation.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky

Post by anarky »

It's on DVD, but only in Region 2. It came out a year ago, so doubtful it will show up here, unless some TV station carries it (and it don't look like BBC-America or PBS are biting).

How'd you find this?
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

A buddy of ours brought it over- it originally came out of him seeking info on the cast and producers of "The IT Crowd", which itself is a pretty fucking funny thing- that led to "The Mighty Boosh" which is not so much my fave- that in turn led to Dark Place and AD/BC, and now to Snuff Box which is a detective show starring the actor who plays "todd Rivers/Dr.Lucien Sanchez"

That Sanchez guy is maybe my fave part fo the whole deal, his fuckin reads (and the awful synching or lack thereof) totally slay me

I have the whole thing on dvd and soon could probably distribute some copies if folks are real interested- we snared it all off torrent sites. Snuff Box is really weird, and should be easy to find

Glad SOMEONE finally checked this shit out, I knew a few folks would be interested :mabs:
Vince, NO!!!!!

anarky

Post by anarky »

I did some digging and discovered Dark Place was carried earlier this year in the US by SciFi, though it's not on anymore. You know, the station that just plays Heroes reruns and the shittiest monster movies ever made. I guess if they bring Dark Place back, I might actually have a reason to turn to that channel. (Don't think I ever have since MST3K was cancelled.)
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

SCRIPTS

EDIT any idea why that link didn't work??? Edit #2 DUHH try using "/" to close yer tags moron

Also I forgot to mention, there IS a script for a Dark Place film in the works, should come out here kinda like Hot Fuzz I'd imagine

"We're doing all we can. but I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now." Dagless
Vince, NO!!!!!

Incognito
bacon

Post by Incognito »

**quickly looks away and coughs quietly**
Nothing to see here.......
Rob Liefeld
sloth

Post by Rob Liefeld »

Meh. Total ripoff of my Dr Troll, MD series.

And Incognito's avatar is a total biteoff of Cannonball.
Should I look down and say it?
Zero
the ALL NEW moderator terror squad

Post by Zero »

Rob Liefeld wrote:Meh. Total ripoff of my Dr Troll, MD series.

And Incognito's avatar is a total biteoff of Cannonball.

Speaking of "biteoff"...Rob bites stiff jizzcrust off of his own undewear.
NO HANDLEBARS HAN SHOT. FIRST! PERIOD.
NO HANDLEBARS MORE COWBELL!
NO HANDLEBARS GO FUCK YOURSELF™
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

Berry
Seriously check this dude out, there's clips from everything I already mentioned here, Suff Box is fuckin INSANE but it takes a sec to get into it, it has a really weird set-up that a clip might not do justice to

And AD/BC is damn near perfect, if nothing else check that clip out
Vince, NO!!!!!

Senor JabbaJohnL
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Senor JabbaJohnL »

Dark Place will be on Adult Swim tonight. I don't know if it's gonna be a continuous thing or not; it's not on tomorrow, but maybe weekly?
Shit. I can't think of a good signature.
mabudon
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by mabudon »

There's only 6 episodes so I doubt it'll last long- DO check it out tho, it's funny as fuck :mabs:
Vince, NO!!!!!