Transformers Movie - Live Action

movies are cool. here is a place to talk about how cool they are. or maybe how much they suck, sometimes. like that fucking piece of shit 'mac and me'. worst fucking movie ever, a two-hour ad for fucking coca-cola.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: Transformers Movie - Live Action

Post by anarky »

I don't get it. We've had extremely dark Transformers stories. They're not off limits. Some fucking bean counter can't grasp that it's not that dorky adults want that because we're in a state of arrested development and want the same shit we grew up with, only EXTREEEEEM!!!1! No, this particular story has to be dark. Two friends who are like brothers become the most hated of enemies because one becomes Space (Worse Than) Hitler? Sorry, you can't make that into a light-hearted family romp by playing a tired Rolling Stones number and having them pretend this is Super Fucking Mario. This is like making a Holocaust comedy. I in no way mean to diminish genocide by comparing it to giant robots, but it's dark shit, because one of these robots becomes a genocidal maniac. By all accounts, Jerry Fucking Lewis couldn't even pull off a Holocaust comedy. Pretty sure no one on Hasbro's payroll needs to even try it.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Double post. Fuck Grimlock.

They fucking say "ass" in the first few seconds. Who the fuck is this movie for? I'd guess 8-year-olds, but you don't swear in the trailer for a kids' movie!
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

You're right. They are trying to make it Super Mario.