Nintendo Wii

uh... you need that explained to you? are you that fucking stupid? its self explanitory. explanatory, even.

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Re: Nintendo Wii

Post by anarky »

I was debating that. I've got two of the snap-on Motion Plus controllers, and four WiiMotes. I haven't seen any 4-player Motion Plus games yet.

One local Target had the Wii Call of Duty for $25. Is that a good deal?

Edit: I meant that more in a "Is it worth it?" way. But Amazon has it for $19.99, so it's definitely not.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

I played the first Call of Duty for Wii and found it frustrating. Ended up trading it back in. I think I looked at reviews for the newer COD and if I remember correctly, itis supposed to be better.
anarky

Post by anarky »

This one was Reflex. The reviews look pretty glowing. I might put it in my Amazon cart to forget about forever. :)
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
jdr3
sloth

Post by jdr3 »

I think reflex is pretty good. When playing online hackers can be annoying, but that's usually the case. Most of the online is hacked though, just every once in a while you come across a game that's acting a little bit off.
"He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is."
anarky

Post by anarky »

Costco's got some games on sale for $9.99. Most are shit. Even the ones that look pretty decent get overwhelmingly shitty reviews.

However, I did find Metroid: Other M tonight. For $10, I'll bite on a Metroid title.

Also, I saw Kirby Epic Yarn at another Costco. It was before the sale started (they send out mailers in advance), so I figured I'd wait until it dropped five bucks since it looked good and wasn't one of those no-name titles. Haven't seen it since. There's a compilation of arcade games, but, even with my arcade addiction of the 80s, I only recognized Bad Dudes and Burgertime. Two very good games, to be sure, but Burgertime is available online for free and is insanely archaic by today's standards, and I just couldn't come to the conclusion that Bad Dudes was worth $10. Now if it also included the Superman game that appeared to use the same engine....

Off-topic from Costo, Target's had a demo of Wii Play Motion for a bit. The dinosaur shooting minigame is fucking addictive. Even with four controllers (and two add-on Motion Pluses), I'm seriously considering getting this one when TRU runs their more-or-less annual "buy one, get one half off" sale.
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

I haven't bought a Wii game in forever. I'm waiting for either the new Zelda or the new Mario Party. Or if they do a third Wii Sports game with some new games.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
jjreason

Post by jjreason »

We haven't turned on our Wii in forever. Not sure what it would take, but the kids just aren't into it. The last game they had any fun with with some dance party deal, but it lasted for about 2 weeks & they only went back to it 2 or 3 times. :(
"Something inside me....."
anarky

Post by anarky »

I'll admit, third-party games are few and far between now. Nintendo is usually too strict on allowing games. This time, they were too liberal, and most of the games were shit. :(
Ran

Post by Ran »

We haven't used our Wii for a few months. I'm tired of the games we have and none of the other games look that good.
anarky

Post by anarky »

I haven't used ours much, but mostly because of the TV failure. We got a temporary replacement (about 36", a castaway in excellent condition), but I haven't hooked up the sensor bar to it.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

i have to admit our Wii is basically a glorified netflix connection these days. every once in a while i get a chance to sit down and play a LEGO game, but not for quite some time at this point - basically since i finished LPotC. i have LSW3 and LHP1 still in progress, just haven't had the time to play them. they're better because they're more episodic than other games. i have all the metroid: prime games and "other M" but i feel like if you don't sit down and give it a lot of attention all at once, it's never going to progress.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Both my kids want that new Spyro game with the toy tie-in. You buy the little staction figures and put them on the "holo" thingie and they show up in the game as playable characters. A nifty, if expensive, idea.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
Ran

Post by Ran »

I hear the new Zelda is the best one ever. A friend of mine said he would let me borrow it when he is done playing it. He is 50 something hours into it, and he hasn't done many of the side missions.
anarky

Post by anarky »

Fuuuuuuck. I need some help.

I went to set up the Wii to the temporary replacement TV today so A Jr could play one of her new games. And it didn't work.

I tried both the regular and component outputs. There's no audio or video. The WiiMotes won't sync to the Wii at all. It turns on, but nothing else.

Anyone know of something I can do to fix the issue? I've tried everything I can think of. Nintendo looks to charge about $80 to fix it; on the one hand, that's a lot of money for a system that runs about $150 now... on the other, it'd be nice to not lose all my data. Of course, they can't guarantee I won't lose it even if I send it in.

I wonder if the TV blowing out sent a surge, or there's some bad wiring in the wall, and something got fried. Looking online, I can find all sorts of other issues described, but everyone having anything like my problem modded their Wii and that's the reason. I find a shit-ton of links to what turns out to be a "repair guide" you can buy for $15, but fuck that.

Any assistance would be very, very much appreciated.
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Not sure if this will apply to the Wii, but I discovered with my PS3 that if I switch from an HDMI cable back to the old red, yellow and whites I need to do a sort of A/V reset (like if I take my system to someone's house and they don't have a new tv).
If I don't then I get a powered up PS3 and the blank black tv screen because of the mixed signals.
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.