Fucking rocks

cars are like, the coolest thing besides chicks... in fact, anarky thinks they're cooler than chicks because he's got problems... discuss...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Fucking rocks

Post by anarky »

My windshield got into a heated fight with a huge chunk of asphalt on the way home today, about five miles south of Victorville. The thing was bigger than my hand, and I have no clue where it came from. I thought it was a crow at first, then it hit. No blood at all, so I'm pretty sure it was asphalt.

Bashed in the window good, and got tiny shards of glass all over everyone (except the baby, whose carseat canopy protected him). No one hurt, but it scared the shit out of all of us, and we had to drive home going 50 the whole way, pissing off all the asshole California drivers who don't notice, "Hey, their windshield's about to cave in. Maybe that's why they're going so slow."

Got home okay, cleaned everyone up (no blood, but I'm sure we all had glass dust in our hair). Someone's coming out tomorrow to fix it. So much for paying off all the credit cards soon. :(
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
vynsane
master of the universe

Re: Fucking rocks

Post by vynsane »

that sucks, dude, glad to hear everyone's okay. it can't be that expensive, though, can it? don't you have comprehensive coverage, including glass, since you just bought it, like, last year (it's the xB, right)? unless you bought it outright... even if you don't, i've had a windshield replaced out of pocket before, and it was like $110!
Life is short. STUNT IT!
Rollo Tomassi
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Rollo Tomassi »

Thanks be praised for safety glass!! Glad nobody got hurt.

And yeah, my dad had his windshield replaced a couple years ago and it was less than $200.
"Say Jim! Whoo! That is a bad outfit! Whoooo!" -- Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." -- Megatron, Transformers:The Movie
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

It's running us about $300. Not sure if that's inflation, California, the cost of them coming to us, or a combination of all three. :(
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

anarky wrote:It's running us about $300.
ah.... well, now i know how much it will cost if the same thing happens to us!
Not sure if that's inflation, California, the cost of them coming to us, or a combination of all three. :(
most likely none of those - the cost of the windshield is usually directly comparable to how many times that exact windshield is used in production vehicles. the less vehicles it's used on, the more a 'specialty part' it is, and thus the more it costs. the $110 was for an '87 mustang - it was cheaper because of how long that body style was in production (the windshield probably didn't change from about '82 until the new mustang was released in what, '96 or something?)
Life is short. STUNT IT!