This Is How I Roll!!

cars are like, the coolest thing besides chicks... in fact, anarky thinks they're cooler than chicks because he's got problems... discuss...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

GNT
sloth

Post by GNT »

If you choose Ebay your looking at a high shipping cost!.Just go to your local fair next or just take a trip to Lebonon(sp?) and you can find them on the side street markets :) Good Luck

GNT ™
''You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious
Ran
(includes alternate sneering hissy fit head sculpt)

Post by Ran »

The Rogue II-mobile (a '94 Toyota Pickup) was having some trouble and starting to wear down. It had 115K+ miles on it.

I introduce to you, the New Rogue II-mobile!

It is a 2004 Nissan Frontier. Have you guys seen that show King of Cars on A&E? I didn't go to that particular dealership, but I went to a dealer owned by Chopper. I wasn't sure if he owned it until I got there. I had my doubts, but they gave me a decent deal.
Snarf
bacon

Re: This Is How I Roll!!

Post by Snarf »

Here's my sweet ride, snarf snarf.
Attachments
thundertank_box_toy.jpg
thundertank_box_toy.jpg (145.8 KiB) Viewed 9685 times
Snarf, snarf!
Mario
bacon

Post by Mario »

Da bitches a-love my ride!

"'Ello, guvnah!"
Ran

Post by Ran »

Work gave me a company truck. It is an F150. I hate Ford. It's not just this truck. Every rental, relative's, drunk friend's, or work Ford I've driven sucks.

This thing doesn't have power locks or windows. It is a hell of a reach across the front to unlock the passenger door.
Caligula
bacon

Post by Caligula »

This doth be how Gaivs Jvlivs Caesar Avgvstvs Germanicvs doth roll. I do verily love to rvn over children and Iews.

Let them hate me, so long as they fear me.
anarky
sometimes not actually existing

Post by anarky »

Oyes.
Attachments
media.jpg
media.jpg (22.91 KiB) Viewed 9296 times
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

Not stealing your thunder at all but this reminded me that I never put up a new picture of my new car. It's a 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT8

I actually like Scions. The TC is one of the sportiest cars out there if you ask me.

Sweet berry wine!
Diabolical

Post by Diabolical »

Not sure if I ever posted this here, so a cut/paste from facebook:
My grandpa had this great old mini car when I was little. He used to take my cousins and I for rides in it all the time when we were up north.

For the better part of 15 years its been sitting in an old shed, wasting and rotting away.

Once my wife heard about it (then saw it) she wanted to rescue it. I wasn't too keen on the idea at first, because I'd assumed it was beyond saving.

Once we got permission from mom to get it we unburied it from the old shed and discovered it wasn't in as bad shape as I'd feared. It was a bit rusted and the tires had rotted, but somehow the engine hadn't seized up over the years!

Now the plan is to slowly fix it up and restore it to it's former glory.

After it's restored...no idea, but it's too cool (and too sentimental) to lose.
We got it about a year ago, and I haven't done much to it this past spring/summer, except for taking a wire brush to the rust in the frame, but with the late warm weather we're having (and a vacation coming up), I hope to work on it some more.
Attachments
002.jpg
002.jpg (103.1 KiB) Viewed 9289 times
001.jpg
001.jpg (111.54 KiB) Viewed 9289 times
"As they say in China, 'Arrivederci'!"
*For the creation of the Golden Deuce Award.
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

anarky wrote:Oyes.
sweet!
Slicker wrote: The TC is one of the sportiest cars out there if you ask me.
i still miss mine. they've redesigned the entire line more or less for 2011, the new one looks really cool, more agressive and angular:
Attachments
Screen shot 2010-10-11 at 12.34.06 PM.png
Screen shot 2010-10-11 at 12.34.06 PM.png (181.75 KiB) Viewed 9288 times
Life is short. STUNT IT!
anarky

Post by anarky »

I got the 2010. It's a little more quirky than the 2011, which has a lot of cosmetic changes made because American consumers complained about minor things like the shape of the grill.

I especially like that each Scion model is monospec, with options being added at the dealer rather than the factory. It saves a lot of confusion, and streamlined the buying process. Not to mention that they claim it's cheaper and keeps their costs down, which makes sense.

I was a bit saddened to hear that manual transmission is such a small percentage of car sales now, even in high-performance sports cars, that it's expected to be completely phased out within a couple of years. I actually dig the five-speed.

And on another note, I got a ride home Thursday in a 2006 Honda hybrid. It averaged 23 mpg and peaked around 29.5 mpg. Hardly worth adjusting to the quirks of driving a hybrid, and definitely not worth the higher price. The Scion XB was rated at 22/28 mpg, and, so far, I've averaged 30.1 mpg. If it wasn't so boxy in shape, I'm guessing that car might get as high as 35 mpg on the highway.
*--For behavior unbecoming anyone, perpetrated in real time over an extended--AH, FUCK IT! MORE MALIBU, BITCHES!!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

the honda hybrid system isn't really all that beneficial aside from power assist. for true hybrid mileage benefits you need a prius, which is tailor-made to utilize the hybrid system. toyota is also the only manufacturer to perfect (read: make work at all) the shut-down of the gasoline engine at idle (traffic, stoplights, etc) which GREATLY increases gas mileage.
Life is short. STUNT IT!
jdr3
sloth

Post by jdr3 »

anarky wrote:And on another note, I got a ride home Thursday in a 2006 Honda hybrid. It averaged 23 mpg and peaked around 29.5 mpg. Hardly worth adjusting to the quirks of driving a hybrid, and definitely not worth the higher price. The Scion XB was rated at 22/28 mpg, and, so far, I've averaged 30.1 mpg. If it wasn't so boxy in shape, I'm guessing that car might get as high as 35 mpg on the highway.
I have a 2009 Honda Fit and it it gets better mileage than that. Also just picked up a 2000 Honda Shadow and I'm gettin' about 50mpg highway with that. I loves me a honda, freakin' things don't die.
"He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is."
anarky

Post by anarky »

She has one of the larger sedans that just had a hybrid model made with no mileage advantage. Hondas and Toyotas last forever. Or at least well past 100K miles.
The Grin
darth vader

Post by The Grin »

:thegrin:

This is how your mom rolls. OYES!

:thegrin:

:thegrin: Award Winning Mother Lover :thegrin: