Car care question

cars are like, the coolest thing besides chicks... in fact, anarky thinks they're cooler than chicks because he's got problems... discuss...

Moderators: Batman, Zero, John Madden, Bob Ross, General Zod, Richard Simmons

Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Car care question

Post by Eternal Padawan »

So a few months ago, I got side swiped by this guy and there is this ungainly black stripe down my right rear quarter panel. It doesn't affect the performance of the vehicle, only it's cosmetic appearance, so I haven't done anything about it.

I was in the grocery store parking lot last week and "Sergio" came up and offered to fix it for $100 and then proceeded to get some sort of aerosol can or something out of his trunk, and with a rag towel and some elbow grease rubbed off a portion of the black streak. Now there's no way I'm going to give some random guy $100 when i can figure out what he was using in that can and do it myself. Does anyone know what it would've been and how do I proceed? Car buffs? Anyone?
"Say Jim! WHOOOO! That is a bad outFIT! Whooo!"--Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." --Megatron,Transformers: The Movie
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

You could always try just buffing it out with a buffer.

You could also try one of those goop gone solutions. They shouldn't harm the finish either.
Sweet berry wine!
Eternal Padawan
D.O.A.

Post by Eternal Padawan »

I don't have access to a buffer. This guy had some garden variety paint thinner or something aerosol can.
"Say Jim! WHOOOO! That is a bad outFIT! Whooo!"--Pimp, Superman The Movie
"You're an idiot, Starscream." --Megatron,Transformers: The Movie
Slicker
I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Post by Slicker »

Yeah, I'd try some goo gone or even, if you've got access to Avon products, the Skin So Soft. I forget which one exactly (I wanna say the pest repelant) but that may work too.
Sweet berry wine!
vynsane
master of the universe

Post by vynsane »

could be brake cleaner. i had to use it to get all the glue off my caprice classic after taking all the blue stripes and numbers and shit off it. just be careful, as using too much will take off ALL the paint.
Life is short. STUNT IT!